Community Partnership & Outreach Ministries
Seamen's Church Institute:
- The Seamen’s Church Institute (https://seamenschurch.org/) has been supporting men and women working on ship for a year or more at a time. In “normal” times, being away from their family and friends is difficult but, with the pandemic, SCI finds itself busier than ever as many seafarers find themselves stranded in foreign ports with no income due to expired contracts and no way to get home; they are unable to leave ship to shop for basic, personal items and must rely on organizations such as SCI for help. This is where SCI steps in. SCI provides pastoral care, legal services, and, during the holidays, the ditty bags so many of us have come to know. The ditty bags contain small articles of clothing and basic toiletries and, often, are often the only gift seafarers receive.
This year, Trinity Church will accept monetary donations via the Paypal button on the website or via check. Please make sure to designate your donation for the “Seamen’s Church Institute” when donating electronically or writing “Seamen’s Church Institute” or “SCI” on your check. A volunteer will then shop for the necessary items and deliver them. Donations of home-knit scarves and hats will also be accepted. Please contact Agnès Wozniak at email@example.com or (610) 220-8021 to arrange pick-up. Donations will be accepted through November 7, 2021.
On behalf of the seafarer’s who will benefit from your generosity, thank you!
Trinity Youth Feeding Ministry:
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Youth Feeding Ministry has adapted to ensure that residents of the Upper Darby Connect shelter are still served. We are seeking volunteers to prepare and deliver the main meal to the shelter, and other volunteers to separately prepare and deliver the salad or dessert. All families need to use "no contact" delivery methods to ensure their own safety and the safety of the shelter's residents and staff. Please volunteer on the Sign-Up Genius, thank you!
IHN Interfaith Housing Network:
- Homelessness knows no virus - IHN/Family Promise requests donations of paper towels, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, and gift cards to Giant, Acme and Target. Everyone at the shelter is healthy and close to getting their housing. Thank you all for your support in these troubling times. We know homelessness does not stop because of the world; it continues, and we might see it on the rise because of the circumstances. We are all doing our part. Thanks! Joe German. To sign up to volunteer, click here.
- In response to COVID-19 and the order to stay at home, Chester Eastside is seeking coaches for the children in their Out-of-School, Academic Enrichment Program. Coaches will be virtually paired with a child to support homework, literacy assignments or engage in other academic activities during the time you are together. Chester Eastside has provided computers and internet access to all families who did not have a computer at home. Coaches MUST have PA criminal and child abuse clearances and a computer with internet access. If you are interested in coaching a child or would like more information please email Elizabeth Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org or Barbara Nagel at email@example.com
St. Mary's Food Cupboard and Chester Eastside:
- Outreach continues to prioritize supporting St. Mary's Food Cupboard and Chester Eastside's food cupboard during the pandemic. Donations are much reduced and this is an immediate need. We are asking for cash/check donations (payable to Trinity Church) or via Paypal on the church website (add a note for food cupboard). We will purchase the food and deliver to St. Mary's and Chester Eastside. If you prefer to make a large grocery purchase and need help with delivery or information on how to do so yourself, please contact Cathy Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community partnerships and outreach are central to the mission of Trinity. We are dedicated not only to provide financial support but also to meaningfully engage with our surrounding communities. In addition to the opportunities highlighted below, please visit our Thrift Shop page to learn how this ministry has long-supported the community.
Ending the Cycle of Poverty
St. Mary's Food Cupboard